Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

SQL Server Error

After having authenticated to CRM using the newly released Plugin Registration Tool I was then confronted with another issue namely that I could not in fact unregister the plugins. I imagine I would have encountered a similar error were I trying to register a new plugin.

Looking on the CRM server I discovered the issue was the fact that the log file for the MSCRM_CONFIG database was full.


Truncating the log in SQL 2008 is a slightly different affair than it was in SQL 2005. Long story short - you can use the following script to truncate your MSCRM_CONFIG  database:


USE MSCRM_CONFIG;
GO
ALTER DATABASE MSCRM_CONFIG
SET RECOVERY SIMPLE;
GO
DBCC SHRINKFILE (2, 1);
GO
ALTER DATABASE MSCRM_CONFIG
SET RECOVERY FULL;
GO

In order to not have this issue re-occur, I'd recommend changing the autogrowth for the MSCRM_CONFIG  database as shown in the screenshot. The MSCRM_CONFIG database should be a relatively static database therefore essentially setting it to "unrestricted growth" should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment