Anyway when you walk through the videos, you will have ended up creating at least 4 URLS (which you'll need to configure in your DNS):
- adfs.yourdomain.com (or sts1.yourdomain.com as shown in one of the videos) - External facing. URL used for authenticating to ADFS.
- auth.yourdomain.com - External facing. Your IFD federation endpoint.
- dev.yourdomain.com - External facing. Discovery web service.
- org1.yourdomain.com - External facing. Your IFD access URL for your CRM organization (org1 = whatever your CRM organization name is)
I say "at least 4" because you may end up with more. This would be the case if:
- You create an internal alias for your CRM deployment e.g. crm.yourdomain.com (you may do this even if you're not configuring IFD but as it's mentioned in the video I thought I'd mention it here too)
- Access to additional organizations in your CRM deployment. Relevant if you're a hosting partner or for whatever reason you decide to have multiple orgs in your company's deployment (this will be the subject of a future post). For example: