Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

CRM 2011 Upgraded Report not working

I am not sure if this is something specific in the environment that I am working but I had some custom reports that were not working post upgrade. To troubleshoot I opened up in SSRS and when I tried to run the preview, I received an error message indicating that one of the fields on the report was not in the dataset scope.


This was a "form" report (rather than grid output) and it seems the form elements were no longer associated with the parent "list" in which they were embedded. It could be that this was because this report was developed in SSRS 2005 and it was now being edited in SRS 2008 - I'm not sure.

To resolve I needed to add the "list" back into the report. The following are the steps taken to do so:


  • Highlight all report elements (ctrl+A)


  • Insert new List (tablix) into the report and drag to the size of the report body



  • Click into the list/tablix (ensure outline of tablix is showing) and paste and your report should now look something like this:

  • Update the dataset for the tablix that you just inserted

  • Try the preview again and if the report runs or you are presented with something similar to the screenshot below you should be all set



No comments:

Post a Comment